We can make this a better country with UKIP. I run a science fiction bookshop in Glasgow (which partly explains my enthusiasm for human progress). Married to Hazel. Living in Woodlands. My father was Eastwood candidate for the Liberals. I spoke at LibDem conference in support of nuclear power, against illegal wars, for economic freedom and was the only person to speak directly against introducing the smoking ban. I was expelled, charged with economic liberalism. In 2007 I stood as the 9% Growth Party for economic freedom and cheap (nuclear) electricity. I am still proud of that manifesto - if vfollowed we would not have rising electricity bills and would be 80% better off with 7 years of 9% growth.
- UKIP is the only party opposed to Scotland having the most expensive "Climate Change Act" in the world; only party that wants us out of the EU - only part of the world economy still in recession - the rest is growing at an average of nearly 6% a year; only party opposed to effectively unlimited immigration; committed to growing our economy by the only way it can be done Economic Freedom + Cheap Energy; we offer referenda as a basic citizen right, as Switzerland and California do. --- Neil Craig

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Hello

  Hello. My name is Neil Craig and this site is to introduce me to Glaswegians and to persuade you  that I am sincere in wanting to make this a better country, that I know it can be done and why I want you to believe we can do it with UKIP and no other party.

WHO AM I
Name Neil Craig. Age 59. Run a science fiction bookshop in Glasgow (which partly explains my enthusiasm for human progress). Recently remarried to Hazel Craig. Living in Woodlands.

I  was brought up as a Liberal, my father being Eastwood candidate for the party in the 1960s (when nobody much voted Liberal but he still got much more support that the LDs there currently get). In 1950 he was the Liberal President of Glasgow Union, where he persuaded the University to allow a beer bar for a temporary trial period. Like me he was a liberal, by the meaning of the word as understood by the founders of the movement.

I was also a member of that party. I spoke at Conference in support of nuclear power, against illegal wars, for economic freedom and was the only person to speak directly against introducing the smoking ban. Consequently in 2006 I was expelled on a charge of being an economic liberal.

I later provided some useful documentation to SNP members wishing to persuade their party to endorse Irish levels of corporation tax to allow us to match Ireland's 7% annual growth rate. They did so and won the subsequent election but did nothing about it and have since watered down the commitment.

In 2007 I stood as the 9% Growth Party. We had, by a long way, the most innovative and progressive policies of anybody in Scotland - primarily embracing economic freedom and cheap (nuclear) electricity. I am still proud of that manifesto - it holds up well, in fact in some ways is more modern than at the time because electricity prices are rising, fuel poverty is worse and we have been through years of entirely unnecessary, politically imposed recession. Unfortunately the innovativeness was matched only by the smallness of the vote.

UKIP
I have since joined UKIP. This is the only party opposed to Scotland having the most expensive and destructive "Climate Change Act" in the world - the catastrophic warming scare is not only a fraud but has been responsible for the recession.

UKIP is the only party that wants us out of the EU - the only part of the world economy still in recession - the rest is growing at an average of nearly 6% a year.

UKIP is the only party opposed to effectively unlimited immigration. There are 6 billion people in the world earning less than the dole in Britain. If I were one of them I would want to come here too but we cannot take them all and the absolute duty of those in government is to serve  the interests of British citizens.

UKIP is committed to growing our economy by the only way it can be done
Economic Freedom + Cheap Energy

UKIP supports democracy - we offer referenda not just on separation from England but (unlike the others) on separation from the EU too & more importantly as a basic citizen right, as Switzerland and California do.

UKIP is technologically progressive - the only party not run by Luddites whose reaction to every bit of human progress (e.g. fracking) is to find ways to ban or regulate it and to stir up false "environmental scares". Over the last 60n years we have had literally hundreds of mass "environmental" scares (oil running out in about 2 years, repeated every year, global warming, global cooling, pollution killing us all by 42, species extinction, India to starve by 1980, acid rain, ozone, DDT, low level radiation, China syndrome etc etc) every one of which has cost billions and proven false.

UKIP contains people who want to make the country better. Nobody ever joined this party as the easy & comfortable route to power.

UKIP has never lied to you. No other party can say that.

WHAT WILL THIS SITE DO

I will update this regularly with comments on breaking issues.

Also letters sent to newspapers (back when I was a LibDem the vast majority of my letters got printed but our press rarely do so now - you can decide for yourselves whether that is because my writing ability has fallen below the standard required or I know less about how the world wags or whether it is because I now know more.

Also I will sometimes reprint some of the better stuff and the more relevant from my other blog A Place To Stand

Not everything will be, at the time of writing, UKIP policy but most of it will. Party loyalty is a duty of anybody who asks a party to support them & comes with membership. All of it will be heartfelt.

                 Neil Craig
 

No comments:

Post a Comment